Family Rafting, Kresna Gorge, Struma River
Enjoy our Family rafting program – don’t miss to spend great time with your family, the great memories are granted! In July, August and September the conditions on Struma River are great for rafting with children – we’ll provide paddles to the kids as well, so they could be active or could be part of the crew without paddling 🙂 If needed or prior some of the rapids our guides will use special commands for the children, so they can sit inside the boat in a safety position. This program is great three generation adventure – kids, parents and grandparents. During the trip we will have stops for swimming in the river and jumps from rocks.
Rafting trips are organized every day and you could choose the most suitable hour for you. Our first descent starts at 10 a.m., the second is at 1 p.m. and the third one – at 4 p.m. The start is from our rafting base Adventure Camp, with no additional transfers or delays.
Upon arrival we are going to welcome you with smile at out Rafting base Adventure Camp! You could enjoy the beauty and freshness of the pinewood forest and from our bar you could choose a drink according to the season 🙂 You will meet the team of our rafting guides who are going to take care for your good mood and unforgettable adventure!
Instructions and Guidelines
The rafting guides will provide you detailed instructions regarding the rafting equipment and its usage. The equipment includes life jackets, neoprene costumes, jackets, helmets, paddles, boots for water. Once the equipment is set and checked, you will go through a rafting training – you will learn how to paddle, the commands used from your guide (as it should be teamwork at the end :)), what’s the right behavior while you are in the boat and all needed safety instructions. Our boats are suitable for 4, 6 and 8 people, so your group could be split on teams according to its size 🙂
The Rafting descent is around two hours, while hour and a half you will spend in the river. The start is directly from Adventure Net base, and we will transfer you back with mini buses waiting for you at the route end.
The whole program is three hours altogether and includes instructions, equipment and the rafting descent itself.
The rafting is arranged into Kresna Gorge, and the route itself is 11km long.
The main rafting route is class 3 according to the International six-point scale of difficulty.
There is an easier route – class 2 according to the International six-point scale of difficulty and is recommended in case of high water level, or upon request. When we choose the best route for you, the safety is our first priority.
Price: 25 BGN for children (from 6 to 16 years old) and 50 BGN for adults (above 16 years old)
The price includes:
- Full professional equipment: rafting boats, life jackets, neoprene costumes, jackets, helmets, paddles, boots for water.
- Transfer from the route end back to the base
- Professional rafting guides, certified according to IRF
The price does not include:
- Food and drinks
- Sleeping bag and tent
*this options could be provided upon request and additional payment.
Why Family Rafting on Struma River?
The roaring spring waters of Struma River are the best and most suitable in Bulgaria for this great activity. The river is great place for everybody – in the spring and early summer season, when the snow is melting, the high volume of adrenaline is guaranteed. During the summer and autumn months you could enjoy the breathtaking views into the unique Kresna Gorge.
Why choosing Adventure Net?
- Adventure Net is the first rafting club in Bulgaria. You will meet there professionals with long standing experience and enthusiasts for the local development of the rafting and kayak sports, as well as familiarizing more and more people with them.
- The route includes the most attractive part of Struma River.
- All our instructors and trip leaders are trained and licensed from the International Rafting Federation.
- Professional rafting equipment.
- Our base offers – rope garden, climbing wall, bar, food, parking, changing rooms, baths and toilets.
- Transportation from the rafting final back to the base.
Additional options that could be combined with Family Rafting
- Pictures – we work with professional photographs, who will do the best shots of your rafting descent. The price per boat is 50 BGN.
- Breakfast, lunch-picnic or dinner at our camp.
- Overnight – with equipment provided from Adventure Net – 10 BGN, with your own equipment – 5 BGN.
- Rope Garden – 8 BGN for adults, and 5 BGN for kids (equipment and instructor included).
- Climbing Wall – 8 BGN for adults, and 5 BGN for kids (equipment and instructor included).
Departure/Return Locationrafting camp Adventure Net
Dress CodePlease bring towel, swimming suit and flip-flops.