Rafting on Struma river, Bulgaria
Rafting in Bulgaria is becoming one of the fastest growing extreme sports. Experience a high level of adrenaline and loads of fun every single day from March to November.
During the weekends rafting is organized at fixed times: first run at 10 am, second run at 1 pm, and third run starts at 4 pm.
During weekdays it can be organized at a time that best suits your schedule The trip starts from rafting camp Adventure Net, without any transfers and waiting around. At the end of the trip, a bus will be waiting for you to drive you back to the camp. Our newest equipment will be provided dry before you go into the river. Come rafting in Bulgaria with our team – the eight time national champions!
Upon arrival we are going to welcome you with smile at out Rafting base Adventure Camp! You could enjoy the beauty and freshness of the pinewood forest and from our bar you could choose a drink according to the season 🙂 You will meet the team of our rafting guides who are going to take care for your good mood and unforgettable adventure!
Instructions and Guidelines
The rafting guides will provide you detailed instructions regarding the rafting equipment and its usage. The equipment includes life jackets, neoprene costumes, jackets, helmets, paddles, boots for water. Once the equipment is set and checked, you will go through a rafting training – you will learn how to paddle, the commands used from your guide (as it should be teamwork at the end :)), what’s the right behavior while you are in the boat and all needed safety instructions. Our boats are suitable for 4, 6 and 8 people, so your group could be split on teams according to its size 🙂
The Rafting descent is around two hours, while hour and a half you will spend in the river. The start is directly from Adventure Net base, and we will transfer you back with mini buses waiting for you at the route end.
The rafting is arranged into Kresna Gorge, and the route is 12 km long – the optimum route passing through the most beautiful rapids.
The main rafting route is class 3 according to the International six-point scale of difficulty.
There is an easier route – class 2 according to the International six-point scale of difficulty and is recommended in case of high water level, or upon request. When we choose the best route for you, the safety is our first priority.
For who is this program suitable?
The program is suitable for beginners as well as for experienced people, let us know in advance about your level of experience. During the summer months – usually as of mid July, we do lots of family rafting. This activity is also great to combine with a special occasion like birthday, bachelor party, bride to be parties, for graduation, why not and marriage? 🙂 Adventure Net has experience with arranging Rafting Game teambuilding events.
Price: 50 BGN per person
The price includes:
- Full professional equipment: rafting boats, life jackets, neoprene costumes, jackets, helmets, paddles, boots for water.
- Transfer from the route end back to the base
- Professional rafting guides, certified according to IRF
The price does not include:
- Food and drinks
- Sleeping bag and tent
*this options could be provided upon request and additional payment.
Why Rafting on Struma River?
The roaring spring waters of Struma River are the best and most suitable in Bulgaria for this great activity. The river is great place for everybody – in the spring and early summer season, when the snow is melting, the high volume of adrenaline is guaranteed. During the summer and autumn months you could enjoy the breathtaking views into the unique Kresna Gorge.
Why choosing Adventure Net?
- Adventure Net is the first rafting club in Bulgaria. You will meet there professionals with long standing experience and enthusiasts for the local development of the rafting and kayak sports, as well as familiarizing more and more people with them.
- The route includes the most attractive part of Struma River.
- All our instructors and trip leaders are trained and licensed from the International Rafting Federation.
- Professional rafting equipment.
- Our base offers – rope garden, climbing wall, bar, food, parking, changing rooms, baths and toilets.
- Transportation from the rafting final back to the base.
Additional options combined with Rafting or Rafting Game
- Pictures – we work with professional photographs, who will do the best shots of your rafting descent. The price per boat is 50 BGN.
- Breakfast, lunch or dinner at our camp.
- Overnight – with equipment provided from Adventure Net – 10 BGN, with your own equipment – 50 BGN.
- Rope Garden – 8 BGN for adults, and 5 BGN for kids (equipment and instructor included).
- Climbing Wall – 8 BGN for adults, and 5 BGN for kids (equipment and instructor included).
For more information you could check our FAQ section. And for the most impatient we have prepared virtual walk through the camp and some spots around the river. 🙂
Departure/Return LocationKresna, Bulgaria
Departure TimeIt's recommended to arrive at our Rafting base Adventure Camp 10-15 minutes before the start hour.
Dress CodePlease bring with you towel, swimming suit and flip-flops.
IncludedEquipmentInsuranceTour guideTransport during trip
Not IncludedAccomodationFlightsMealssleeping bag and mattentTransport to starting pointמדריךציוד